Sunday, March 17, 2013

Over the Ocean Blue--Chaplain Rob's Journal Entry #1


Over the ocean blue we ride off to do something that was just a dream but a few short months ago. It sounds too cliched but it is truly amazing how God works. I remember Alejandra Romo asking me in November, "Robbie are we actually going on this trip?"  I said yes and the only reason was because of a small sliver of faith that it could still happen. I didn't know if it would, but I knew God could make it happen. Four months later I'm on Ethiopian Airlines headed for Zambia. 

There is a song that says:

Spirit lead me when my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters 
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior.

There is something to be said for walking by faith. It's not something to hang our personal hats on, rather something that does for our relationship with God what few other things can: build foundational trust, that God has it covered. 

I could tell you of the coolness of Ethiopian Airlines seats and how I love watching the plane fly across the map (it's totally awesome by the way).  But I'd rather try to help you see the reality that this trip is really happening--a thought that hits me in a new way every few hours--and it's happening because God made it happen. What a wonderful fact of life to ponder over the ocean blue!

~ Chaplain Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment