Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tourists--Chaplain Rob's Journal Entry #2


When we [Pastor Jay and DeeDee Warren and I] landed in Lusaka, Zambia, I went into tourist mode and the looks I got were very funny. I know I look American (because I am), but why can't a guy take some pictures once in a while?!

I wonder how often we live like tourists? Though this is our home and we are not just simply visiting--because that's the way it was intended--we are something of tourists and missionaries. Once I believe the land was not so foreign, but now it has become so. Maybe it shouldn't bother us when people "look" at us funny. We are doing something different here than everyone else.

Mr. Maloon says we are the counterculture. Especially now more than ever. So I submit to you one of these three and actually a combo. Reclaim your home by being a touristing missionary. Tourists love beautiful things and our world is still filled with them, but missionaries enjoy spreading the Gospel which is what our world was founded on so long ago. I'm going to enjoy reclaiming my home while being a touristing missionary!  









No comments:

Post a Comment